Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Land of Nod VIP party


This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Land of Nod, but all my opinions are my own. #PMedia #NODinCA   http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO.


As a mother of a young boy child, I am absolutely frustrated with the lack of color and style with boy toys and décor. I feel like I’m confined to a bubble of primary colors and it’s hard to break free of that. Whenever I do see an item that is unique, a beautiful color, or simply could be loved by boys AND girls- I jump all over it.

Last week I was invited to The Land of Nod’s VIP party at their brand new Costa Mesa store at the South Coast Plaza. It was so awesome because I was submerged in a world where style meets fun, and “boy style” isn’t limited to a football print on a bedspread (not that there’s anything wrong with that, but if you’re not a football lover, why should you be limited to football decor?). I really appreciate The Land of Nod and their marketing team for not being too themey with their boy stuff. I felt that they simply shared a love for all things ‘kids’, instead of following traditional gender “rules”.


The party itself was so great because we got to see exactly what The Land of Nod was about. I brought along my friend Julie and we slowly made our way around the store, picking up toys and décor, sitting on furniture, and thinking just how genius and fun everything was. So many products could easily be used in my home… or better yet; the products were actually not annoying and made with good design in mind.


My favorite thing about The Land of Nod was that they encouraged you to touch their products. Everything was easily accessible and you could undoubtedly see how something would work without any guesswork. I flipped through books, rubbed my hands on bedding, squeezed soft plush dolls, and stacked colorful wooden blocks.


The “about me” section of The Land of Nod’s Instagram reads, “Design for kids and people that used to be kids.” I think that is so fitting now that I’ve experienced the store in person. My friend and I were totally awing at how we wish we could just live in the store. Everything was simply cool. (Side note- their Instagram and Pinterest are insanely beautiful and inspiring).


So what did I get Wyatt?
Blocks. The kid loves blocks and I couldn’t pass up these interesting shaped wooden blocks. They’re stained all sorts of colors and feel great. They have a permanent home in our living room right now and I don’t even mind. 


8 comments:

  1. Just found your blog from the Pollinate Media FB! I have a 2 year old named Wyatt! Did you get the name from Tombstone like us? :) Now following!!

    Kendall
    Songbirds & Buttons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree, their store was amazing... I wanted to nap on every bed! ;) so comfy + fun in design/pattern. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to go back! I'm seeing all kinds of fun things in people's posts that I missed in the store! Well played, Land of Nod. Well played.

    ReplyDelete
  4. right on! thats awesome. Kudos to you for being recognized as a blogger with influence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man I could keep doing damage at the store. I got some gold dots for the walls, a jewelry box, lots of new throw pillows. It was glorious and dare i say it...better than crate and barrel?

    ReplyDelete
  6. vip168 This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! vip168

    ReplyDelete